Pages

8.08.2011

Routines

The fluffy little shadow is at my feet, sniffing at something nearby and luxuriating in the feel of a good foot massage. 

No, I am not massaging her feet.  She is laying where I can run my foot up and down her back and scrub her tail.  Her own personal nirvana.  Earlier in the day I spent a good deal of time brushing Flop out with her favorite wire brush, and man - did she ever need it! 

We can't figure out how she develops such knots in her fur, unless it is just a common problem for long haired kitties.  It also seems to be a problem for her more often in the summer, especially under very humid conditions.  Poor little hairdo with feet.

After brushing a lot of the knotted mess free, I had Brian hold her while I trimmed out the worst two spots of matted fur with scissors.  She didn't panic so much today during the procedure as normal, mostly because she was getting a lot of stroking and futzing with her hindquarters - an area she particularly enjoys having petted.  My biggest fear is that I might accidentally nick her skin if she struggles while the scissors are closing.  This is why we 'tag-team' her and do everything gently and slowly.

Anyhow, I am back to my afternoon routine of more job searching and she is back to her usual MO - staying within eyesight of me, if not petting range.  It's a slow Monday and I feel a catnap coming on.

No comments: