Pages

11.20.2011

Head colds/Cold heads

First, a warning: To anyone who sat in a car with me yesterday, please take some sort of cold preventative thingy - right away! - and don't stop taking it until after Thanksgiving! The whole cold incubation thing applies, and I so do not want you getting ill on my account.

Ugh, I feel icky, and would like to breathe out of both sides of my nose at the same time.

Oh, who am I kidding? I would love to breathe out of one side easily, but I will take being a mouth-breather for a day if it means tomorrow I will be able to breathe out of one side without having to blow my nose every ten minutes.

Yug.

Spent Saturday having fun at Spartan Stadium in East Lansing, watching my friend Barb participate in her last "home" stadium game as an SMB member, and watching the game between MSU and Indiana. It wasn't much of a game since Indiana forgot to bring their football team along!

Really. When the score is 55-3 by the end of the third quarter there really isn't much doubt that there are imposters on the field!

At one point it became apparent that the Hoosiers intercepting passes were simply lying down on the field when a Spartan (or, several Spartans) were bearing down. The poor ball carrier would look over his shoulder and see green and white in persuit and simply dive to the ground in prayer...and in hopes of being left uninjuried.

It didn't always work, but it was a good strategy for the last two quarters!

The band - as always - was stellar, and the Canadians sitting in the stands behind us were entertaining as all get out.

Thank you, Jean, for the special treat; for sharing Barb's last collegiate home marching day with me and for the ticket in the gate. It was such a good time!

Now, go take that over-the-counter 'medication' and keep healthy for the coming weeks. You too, Barb!

2 comments:

Jwilson said...

That was a fun, exhausting day! ..so glad you could join us :)

FunnyLadyInRed said...

Me too! As soon as I can stop sewing so much I will be editing. SO much good stuff, so little time.

So, sew, so!

Thanks again, and I hope you (two) don't come down with the cold. Ick.