Pages

11.18.2011

Magnanimous gestures

Yesterday I was met with a sweet gesture on the part of my eldest son. He offered to take Karl to class (and pick him up afterwards) so that I might continue working on assembling the quilt blocks!

I know! Right?!

I took him up on it, of course, and I did continue to work. Sadly, the light turned to crap and I realized I still had a lot more cutting to get done before laying out squares could commence, but I did manage to sew together one 100 square block - so it was a good day!

I actually had three blocks laid out, but was not happy with the limited color value, so I decided to hold off sewing them together until I could be certain there was nothing more I could do to 'enhance' them.

:'^(

I spent some time scouring through my stash and did come up with several more pieces to add into the mix, and then spent time prepping and cutting until before too long....the daylight was gone completely, and I found myself cutting under a lamp!

I don't think the productivity was exactly as Brian imagined it would be, but I reassured him that the time was invaluable, if not visibly tangible or understood.

Thank you, God. I have excellent kids!

Thank you, Brian, for your generosity.

No comments: