Pages

11.06.2011

Oh, what a mess

The living room is in a shambles. I am ironing and cutting and laying out, and changing my mind and working in a frenzy, trying to utilize the beautiful daylight to my complete advantage.

The table is covered in one-and-one-half-inch squares, and strips of the material the squares were cut from. There are large sheets of paper on which the experimentally pieced 100-square grids are laid out on, and 2-1/2 of these behemoth grids to go before I can begin assembling Row 4.

I actually have completed one 100-piece block, but I only did that out of eagerness to keep the momentum going.

This row, Row 4, will see the absolute last of orange, yellow and the clear, true reds. It is the transition to purple and blue which have me fumbling, and I have yet to finish cutting the remainder of my greens.

[exasperated groan]

The only reason I am away from my quilting madness is because Karl arrived in the kitchen, hungry and poaching. I suggested a Braunshwieger sandwich and he agreed. While cutting the liverwurst for him, I suddenly realized I too could do with a bite. So I snacked on bits of the braunshwieger, and smeared some wonderful Laughing Cow Swiss cheese on a number of rosemary and olive oil Triscuits! Mmmm

But, now that I am sufficiently fed, I need to get back to my work while the standard time sun still hangs high enough in the sky. Soon, it will be dark and dreary and I will be unable to correctly manipulate the colors to my liking, and my goal is to knock out Row 4 and move on to Row 5 by end of day tomorrow.

I know, I am still dreaming big! Well, why not?!

In truth, I will be happy enough to simply have all of Row 4 laid out and to have no fewer than four of the blocks sewn together by end of day tomorrow.

:)

While the glorious sun allows me to happily work on this beautiful quilt, it also opens my eyes to the mess I need to viciously attack with a dust rag and the vacuum....soon. Someday soon.

No comments: