Pages

6.14.2011

Dividing the day

We all have things we want to do.

Then there are the things we must do. Seems as though there should be a third category, doesn't there - but I can't think of what it would be.

These stepping stones need reconfiguring now that the plants have matured.

Today began with an item at the top of each of column; I wanted to get back out into the garden (especially in this GORGEOUS weather), but it couldn't happen because there was an important meeting with the MRS 'people' for Karl right smack dab in the middle of prime gardening hours. And since Karl is more important, this morning was a loss for gardening.

That's OK, though. I will slather on a great deal of mosquito repellent and head outdoors when the house casts an afternoon shadow, and then will make a good stab at (hopefully) finishing the cleaning of the last of the existing bed. I already have plans to remove the small boxwoods to the front (not all, maybe three of the five), and to spread the daylillys out to fill in the gaps. Before week's end I plan (i.e.; 'hope') to have the pavers in the ground and/or to have finished the courses across the back bed and finished the tilling of the entire bed. That way, when I can manage a load of good fill soil, the bed area will be completely ready for it and the fill won't go to waste. [exclamation point]

I have designs on re-orging the front perennial bed - as I have mentioned in the past - and now that the poppies and peonies have blessed us with their show, I can finish transplanting one and all (including the hostas), and let them have their recuperation time over the rest of the summer. Next year will be glorious!

Currently, the gusting winds are blowing the intoxicating smell of the remaining blooms right into the house, and I am loving every fragrant second! Shortly, I will be outdoors with my shears, deadheading and cleaning up the once-beautiful mayhem. Until then, the heaven sent scent is all mine!

Weather prognosticators are posting weak promises for rain towards the end of the week. Of course, there will also be a rise in the temps, so I would love to have the majority of the work completed before temps go up. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

In other news: No, I still have not heard from any of the four productions crewing up in MI for July/August. It is typical for a scripty to be one of the last members to sign on, so I am not letting myself become too dejected. Instead, the free time is appreciated and utilized, so when I do get the call (and have a job to eat up my time) everything else is not left lacking while I am unavailable to tackle the chores on a daily basis.

S-m-a-r-t. ;^)

On top of the gardening fun, and possible sewing, I am still working on a short video of photos I have been editing and compiling for my Grandmother's 100th birthday. With five weeks to go, it is looking pretty good (if I do say so myself).

Oh, and I had a brief text message from the Tweedles saying they edited and turned in the film challenge project on time, so now we wait to hear how it stands up against the other entries. If you can get to the DWIFF (Detroit Windsor International Film Festival), look for the film challenge entries. The DWIFF still has not added the bunch to their published schedule, but since there is a category for "audience favorite," I am assuming they must be shown during the festival...somewhere!

More another time. For now I am going to move some furniture, or do some laundry and hang it on the line.

No comments: