Pages

6.21.2011

Huh

When it began to rain yesterday, I folded up shop and slipped indoors to weather it out. But, as soon as I slipped off my boots and changed out of my dirty coveralls, the rain stopped.

You guessed it...I went back outdoors, but that didn't last long - it began to sprinkle, again!

Instead of carrying on in that way, I decided to call it an afternoon and stayed inside. Didn't get much accomplished indoors though, and I was bored and restless to boot.

A-nnoyingly so.

This morning hasn't been any better, and I would be outside right now, except the frequent sprinkles rinse off the bug repellant, and then I am swarmed by voracious mosquitoes.

My time will come, I just have to keep myself busy until the weather cooperates and I can get back at it. Not that there isn't PLENTY to do, but all I can think of is what I want to be doing in the garden! Sad but true. [sigh]

Cleo has just wandered in and taken up residence at my feet. It's a part of our daily routine that (I think) we both count on every day. Some days she is needier than others, and I get the full-service begging from her; but most days are low key, prutting and cooing questions and a request for some attention before the snacky treats are doled out to the pack of feline sisters. After the treats, it's time for her hours-long cat nap on Brian's bed (or Karl's, if the boy doesn't rise early enough).

Today she may get more Cleo-time than she bargained for.

OK, time to peel myself away from this keyboard for a bit. Without a way to physically keep awake, the allergy pill I took is beginning to make me yawn non-stop, and I am becoming quite drowsy. Never type tired!

Have a good day.

No comments: