Pages

6.22.2011

Less than two square feet

That's all that remains of the mess of weeds that once commanded my flowerbed.

I spent the morning pulling up that mess and de-thistling the yard (not everywhere, just about a three yard radius surrounding the retaining wall of the south end of the perennial bed - but that was enough). The last of the morning clouds burned off (or blew away) just before noon, and I made a decision to head inside before my medium rare pink turned into a nightmare of a sunburn. Besides, it was getting rather hot and I had finished my water - I needed a break!

3:45PM The raucous storm - which included hale - just ended. It lowered the temps from a toasty 85*F to a pleasant 73*F inside of thirteen minutes, and the last of those clouds have swept north/northeast.

By the end of the storm the outdoor temp had dropped to a LOVELY 68*F, but it's just started to climb again, and over the last forteen minutes the outside temp has climbed to 75*F! According to the weather radar, we are due for more rain inside the next 1.5 hours or so, so I guess I need to get outside and tidy up some loose ends.

My goal for the remainder of the afternoon is:

1) to move roughly 25 retaining wall blocks from the front of the house to the back bed wall;

2) and fill in the five inch lag;

3) AND replant the displaced lillies and boxwoods in the freshly reclaimed perennial bed.

I'm betting I can get it done. Wouldn't it be cool if I could also manage to trim a few bundles of privet branches to leave out for collection tomorrow?

Do you wanna see how it all comes out?

No comments: