Pages

6.26.2011

Early as it is...

...it's been one of those kinds of days.

I had totally counted on going to the DWIFF to see the film challenge final 14, but Cleo's intestines had other plans.

She has just finished with another intestinal blockage (I think this makes it 4 total), which began shy of ten o'clock this morning. Brian had gone to work, so that left me Karl to depend upon. Usually Bud and I corral Cleo in the library with a faux litter box and and lots of newspaper, but this time I herded the cat into the bathroom and called on Karl every so often to bring me more fresh newspaper, cat litter, paper towels or a bowl (for water for Cleo).

As pathetic as she was in her discomfort and terror, Karl was amusing trying to avoid the odor from the drippy mudbutt that plagued our girl. The more she tried to pass the stool, the more dripping she did. The more dripping, the more smell.

For now, the crisis has passed. She is resting comfortably (I hope) on my bed, in close proximity to the cat box. After she passed the first large stool I was sure there would be more, but she seems fine for now.

It's still early in the afternoon, but too late to head to Detroit and catch the remainder of the premieres at WSU, so I will have to email Scott and ask for a copy of the finished project and a full report of the day.

Guess I will head outdoors and see what I can get done there.

No comments: