Pages

6.02.2011

Refreshingly chilly

I still find it amazing that the weather can go from fire-and-brimstone to cuddle-alert in the blink of an eye. Why not just moderate temps all the time? Why does it have to vary so wildly?

S'ok, though...it's all good. As we say in the northern climates - "it's good sleepin' weather."

Cannot explain why I am up so early this morning, especially after having fallen asleep on the sofa (again), waking periodically, and finally heading to bed (real pillows-and-blanket-bed) about 2:30 or so. Would've thought I could have slept until seven or seven-thirty...but no. My dadburn internal clock is set and will not be deterred. I even went to bed secure in the knowledge that today was not garbage day (because of the holiday on Monday), so I wouldn't have to rise and run to the curb to beat the pick-up.

Yeah, I know, I hear you.

"Put it out the night before."

Hey, I would, but the critters in the neighborhood are forever targeting my trash bags and ripping them open. The mess from their plundered leavings is usually scattered all over, and then I have to spend time cleaning that up. No fun.

"Don't you have sons...with arms...who can clean up the mess?"

Why yes. Yes I do. No doubt you also have children who are completely compliant and do exactly what you ask of them when you request it, and do a splendid, over-the-top job without whining, arguing, stalling and complaining. [Apologies for the 6AM sarcasm]

My way, the critters are thwarted and the garbage goes away without the extra hassle.

Here comes the sun. Ah, perfect!

No comments: