Pages

6.20.2011

Hot weather

The weather weenies say we are in for another spate of wretched, hot weather. Count me out!

I do not like it, Sam I am. I don't like weather that can melt ham.

[pseudo-apologies to Dr. Seuss]

Yesterday was a warm day, but not a scorcher. Even at it's hottest point, with the breeze that accompanied the day, it wasn't as uncomfortable as it could have been. So, thank you, God (and Mother Nature). Then, of course, it wasn't humid (at least, not so's you'd notice). Heat I can a-l-m-o-s-t tolerate...so long as the humidity is low, low, low, non-existent, low. I think you get my meaning.

Anyway........

I missed the weather report on last night's last newscast, and I have yet to turn on the TV this morning to see what sort of heat conditions are in store, but if the weather follows the predicted trend from last week, today and tomorrow are going to be - ugh - unbearable. I think I remember talk of rain for today, but I am not holding my breath. Every time they use the phrase "a chance of..." it's pretty clear they have no real idea of what's going on, and won't have a tinker's chance of getting anywhere near close on weather correctness, so why bother to predict.

Hold on - how old am I? Why am I going on about the weather?

Had a nice time watching/listening to Barb play in her summer gig with the Saginaw Eddy Orchestra (or is it "band"?) last night. It the was the group's maiden voyage for the 2011 season, and they provided a good mix of tunes for the evening performance.

The Saginaw Eddys are a lightweight equivalent to the Boston Pops, but in Saginaw, MI. It's an eclectic mix of old and young people, directed by two different conductors - each with their own style and speed - but the music was good and the players skilled in their craft. Thanks to Barb and Jean for including me!

Today will be a busy day of running around; picking up Karl's PC, my wheelbarrow, a few needed groceries, etc. Afterwards, it will be back to lightweight gardening stuff until I lose shade (or gain it) in either the front or the backyard. I have a few garden pets to plant that were moved (or have grown from seed) and now need to be in their permanent home(s) in the ground. There's the pruning of the peonies to finish, and many more hedges to trim up. Plus the remaining five-foot-square area of weeds in the back perennial bed to do away with.

If it rains after I get things in the ground, so much the better, so I am going to get moving...before I am sad I did nothing in the cool morning hours.

No comments: