Pages

6.08.2011

A profusion of color and fragrance

Oh, my word! How could I not remember that aroma?

It never fails, every year I am flabbergasted by the fragrance my Peonies provide. I can always remember the sight of them, but that fragrance escapes me.

It's not the fact that it smells so heavenly, but the exact intoxicating aroma never lingers long enough in my memory; I have yet to find something to keep in my

home that replicates the smell so beautifully and so simply. No candle...no incense...no perfume. Nothing! Even the ants seem to be saying "please?"

And the sight of the pleasant poppies, bobbing and brilliant beside their long-stemmed neighbors.

Even though I am not venturing outside today to get my hands dirty and brow sweaty, I did think we all deserved a beauty break. I hope you like these - I picked them just for you!

No comments: