Pages

6.03.2011

What the...!?

Earlier and earlier. My internal clock is malfunctioning (possibly).

I can see the whole Benjamin Franklin aspect of it: "Early to bed, early to rise...blah, blah, blah."

But 5:45? Really?

And what's worse is, I know I was awake a while before I ever rolled over and looked at the clock. Ugh.

- - - - - Hey there, Crosby - - - - -

Nice to read you again. I sort of agree that the Sea Of Thistle did have a luxurious green look (that's the Scot in me peeking through), but it was heck on sandled feet (oh, and the sound of impaled chipmunks was worse than screaming rabbits), so it had to go. But, if it makes you feel any better, it will be less than a party digging up the remnants/roots of that mess for some time to come. :^) Don't forget, I still have a boatload of it in my perennial bed to deal with yet.

My plan today is to continue watering the new seed and to till the area I reclaimed yesterday (amending the soil with compost and a little peat); plant the new clematis; and relocate another poor performer from a weed-choked section to the now open area. From there I'll move on to the next area around the pergola - where the wisteria will reside!

It's a lofty goal, but I need to hit this marker quickly before I lose my lovely new acquisition. It's already too leggy for the pot it was transplanted to a month ago, and I fear if it remains looking for something to train and grow on much longer, I will lose it.

Fingers crossed and good thoughts cast to the winds. I'll keep you posted. For now, I am spinning my wheels. The noise ordinance in my town says no lawn work with loud tools before 8am.

[twiddling thumbs for the next hour and forty-five minutes]

No comments: