Pages

9.24.2011

Be careful what you wish for

In the film industry you need to be cautious when dealing with people, in meeting people and revealing too much about yourself before you need to.

You also need to watch your pockets (i.e.; your money). These people will try to get you to "invest" in their "projects"...and you will be a sorry soul if you don't have a pair of shades to keep you from becoming blinded by the glare of the spotlights and flash of the bull shit bulbs.

For example: Jess Goslin is a master con artist and liar extraordinaire. I mean, I have met and worked for several major BS pros, but she is a cunning liar. All along there were promises of the film beginning in March, then in August (because there were issues with the funding). Then there were issues with logistics and the cast schedules...and on and on. Then came the email opportunities to help make the film by donating money to the cause via those online sites that will collect the money for you and keep track of the progress.

Needless to say I did not donate, but I did try to keep track of the progress, and I did phone the CC (not going to tell you what this stands for, because my mother would not appreciate reading it) a few times to let her know my availability as Scripty.

"Oh, yeah. No, Beth, I know you are interested and we are excited to have you on the crew. I'll send out the paperwork when we get to production."

Yeah....bull shit!

Ah well.

At any rate, I was cleaning out my phone contacts and passed over her name and number (and believe me, it is taking all of my resolve not to post her number here), and I decided to look up the project online to see what the latest load of garbage was. Can you believe - NOTHING!?

Well of course you can. The only news out there is the same load of (2) crap 'articles' she penned herself and loaded out onto the internet to try and create a buzz. Or, the one BS 'article' some wannabe Bollywood 'reporter' supposedly wrote about coming upon this deceitful diva in LA, leaving a bogus hundred dollar tip on a table. Really? C'mon....jeez!

You can't even find the supposed crap film (already in the can, mind you) on IMDB - or any other film site. Why? Because the tripe was never filmed! (or was, and is too lame to release - I'm just syin'.)

I looked up her writers, her co-producer/exec producer, the director....and they don't exist in those capacities. And...there are no credits with the bogus film name associated, either.

[sgnort] "Worldwide anticipation," my @ss.

I had hung my hopes on having another paid credit (and some work this summer) on the word of some lame, lying con artist. Be careful what you wish for - but keep your hands on your wallet and your head in the reality game.

Okay, I have to go now. Cleo is purring wildly at my feet, chewing the tips off of my laces while she wrestles with my shoes, and it's wrecking my snarky mood.

:^)

No comments: