Pages

9.25.2011

Happy little experiment

We had a very little bit of popcorn left to pop, and I was in a popcorn-y sort of mood. Since I didn't feel like dirtying a pan to achieve the meager, yummy outcome, I decided to try making it in the microwave instead.

I reasoned that microwaveable popcorn can't really be anything more than a lot of oil and flavoring in a sack with the unpopped kernels - right? If those expensive manufactured bags can work in the microwave, what would be the harm in making my own popcorn micro-bag?

So (ready to put out any surprise fires), I tossed a bit of butter into a paper lunch sack, added the kernels and rolled the bag closed - leaving a lot of room for the popcorn to pop into; placed the bag onto a paper plate; slid the entire thing into the microwave, closed the door and punched the "popcorn" button on the handy-dandy panel.

In less than a minute, Karl and I shared a modest amount of fresh popcorn! Yea, it worked.

NOTE TO SELF: Add popcorn and lunch sacks to the shopping list.

No comments: