Pages

9.01.2011

Yeah, well

About an hour ago I read my horoscope for the month.  I don't tend to put a lot of stock in them, but if they are favorable, I do pray a little for them to come true. Well, maybe not "pray" so much as hope real hard. It's sort of like...not ever betting on horses, but secretly rooting for one particular horse to win while you watch the Kentucky Derby.

Does that make sense?

The girls are scattered just outside the library door, having eaten and watched as I gathered the garbage and bundled it off to the curb. Hobbes is in her queenly spot on an old shoebox (which she treasures).  Cleo is laying on the carpet just beyond, trying to keep up with the shifting rays of sunshine on the floor. Cleo always finds the shafts and spots of sun and plants herself in them.  In the winter, it's enough to warm me just looking at her doing that, but in the summer heat - pheh!

Normally I leave the curtains in the kitchen window open, but with today's temp soaring (higher than it needs to), I have closed them to deter the sun from prematurely raising the household numbers. 

And Flop...well that adorable cottonball scampers to the nearest chair and balances on an arm. She likes to roost and watch.  To each her own.

In a little while, they will converge and begin begging for the next bit of the routine - snacks.  Following that, they will divide and wander off to their favorite napping places and spend the day dozing.

Me? I may start looking for another horoscope site.

Have a good day.  Here's hoping at least your dreams come true.

No comments: