Pages

9.30.2011

Still no job...but lots of buzz

Today is a buzzy day.

One of those days where Puck sits in his bird's-eye-view perch and creates mischief.

The type of mischief that gets you hoping and thinking the 'what-if' thoughts.

The sort of mischief that has you believing a job could be imminent...and it could be yours, and....then CRAP!

I hear him squealing with laughter for having so successfully gotten me wound up and believing in (hoping for) 'what ifs" of my own.

I had a late morning interview (finally) with the director of the first film offer. It didn't last long, and he seemed positive, but would only say that there were other people to consider and that I might hear from them early next week. He did like my notes, however. He liked them a lot!

Once I left the building and walked to my car, I checked my phone for messages. You see, there was a new headhunter who contacted me via email on Thursday, wanting to discuss a job, and she asked plainly for my number and a time when I would be available to speak. I wrote back that "nearly any time on Friday was good, but morning would be best."

She responded with "Good. I'll call you in the morning."

So, when I found a missed call on my phone and a message in my voicemail, I automatically assumed the call would be from her. It wasn't.

This call was from one of the fresher employment agencies/contract houses who had gotten in touch over the last couple of days with client jobs that would pay rather well, but were long distance (and a bit of a curiousity) - like, Tulsa, OK and Maryland! Apparently I could do my work from home. Talk about your telecommute!!

Of course, I phoned them back but ended up leaving them a voice message. Ugh!

It's probably needless to say that the woman whose call I was anticipating never did phone.

Stopped for groceries on the way home, and while stacking catfood in the cart, received a phone call from yet another unknown agency with a job available at a large insurance group in downtown Detroit! More on that one anonther time.

Lot's of chats with lots of new folks. Lots of questions, and lots of proper phrasing and bantering. Lots of smiling and head nodding, and loads of driving....but no job.

It's OK, though, I am going to kick back and enjoy a weekend where I hope to get some other stuff accomplished - all of which has nothing to do with Q&A and buzzy words.

No comments: