Pages

9.08.2011

Good movies

Good movies (and let's face it, it's always a matter of opinion and taste) are few and far between any more. 

Sometimes I have to be duped or hogtied and dragged to a movie to see it - and sometimes those duplicitous and wrangling people will get me to a movie that is great (and something I would never have seen on my own).  While other times I have been left with the sorry loss of time and the waste of the price of the ticket.

I hate a bad movie, don't you?

Well, I have very recently seen two truly good movies - "The Kids Are Alright" and "Crazy, Stupid, Love," and neither one disappointed me in any way.  No car crashes, no guns, no gratuitous sex, no really over-the-top foul language, nothing unbelievable....just life.  Unexpected twists and charming stories of truth and reality.  Well written, tremendously cast and acted, beautifully crafted, fun to watch films.

Treat yourself to a good time in front of a large (or small) screen.

The Kids Are Alright.
Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Good movies.

Post Script - It just dawned on me that there was a bit of playboy-esque behavioral sex carefully shot and implied in the beginning of "The Kids," and if it was my mom writing this review it wouldn't be considered "tastefully done" by any measure.  But by today's standards, there was mild nudity and a little of the old 'bouncy-bouncy' on the screen, but nothing to make one blanch too awfully.  Again, this is my opinion.

No comments: