Pages

2.05.2012

By the way

I watched two movies last night, and enjoyed both for very different reasons.

Had I been able to call up Ratatouille via the Wii, it would have been an all animation evening, but since that wasn't possible I viewed Tangled and Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Charmed and charming.

I had only ever seen bits and pieces - and usually the end - of 'Breakfast', and have always wanted to see the entire movie. Despite the (occasional) cheesy writing, the acting was lovely (except for the Micky Rooney portions - what an overactor), and I was happy and satisfied to finally have seen the entire thing from stem to stern.

How marvelous was Audrey Hepburn, and not just in that role! She has always amazed me with her talent and sublime visage. Add to those components her humanitarian work, and we had an angel in our midst for a short while.

As for the animated Tangled, I was sorry I missed a chance to have seen it on a big screen when it first came out, but it was (is) a fun romp, and it took me back to when the boys and I would go to a theater and watch a new Disney release. Just enough music - not too much - and the correct amount of heros, villains, gasps, tongue-in-cheek jokes, adorable sidekicks and tom-foolery along the way to a happy ending.

Now I guess I had better get down to my pile of homework...I have two quizzes this week.

No comments: