Pages

2.10.2012

Diligence

Nothing but diligence.

I have managed to keep my head down to get this current quilt done, but have also managed to miss several contest deadlines, and to that end I am disappointed....but not devastated. After all, the contests I missed-out on this year can still be entered next year - and let's face it, two of the missed deadlines were due to having work for a short while.

Yea, work! Yea and boo, actually. Temporary jobs - phe!

Anyhow, I am excited to be using the new ironing board (I received for Christmas) to make the sleeve for the quilt. Very cool. I actually used it for pressing a small portion of the cut binding strips, but it was neat to have a new, non-rocking, right height, functioning ironing board - with an extension that holds the iron off of the board's surface when you are not immediately using it!

I know, it doesn't really take much any more to excite me.

Finished blind stitching the binding over last night, and will get to work on the sleeve in a bit, but wanted to touch base before I hunkered down one more time.

Diligence has also paid off in my two medical classes, passing both of my first quizzes with flying colors! However, now that we have passed the honeymoon period - and are on to week three - the work is becoming more intensive, and the ground covered during in-class "lectures" is enormous. The reading alone is tremendous, as is the amount of information to try and commit to memory. No new projects of any sort for me for a while I'm afraid (and no old ones, either), and I am wondering if I should even try to rearrange the lower level and clean it out as I would like to with so much time needed for pounding these terms and words, etc., etc., etc., into my head.

Oh my gosh, what have I gotten myself into?

No comments: