Pages

2.24.2012

Oh, my goodness

We are getting snow, but not in the way the prognosticators were hyping it. And quite frankly, with the lack of 'winter' we've experienced this winter, I am quite alright with this whole messy weekend.

I will, of course, have 'mommy worry syndrome' when Bud heads in to work on icy highways and back roads tomorrow, but until then...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Cleo seems out of sorts today, and it is oddly enough coinciding with Brian's latest kidney stone.

He began to see blood in his stream and experience the pain in his side yesterday, which heralds a new kidney stone. From this point it can be a few quick days or a week to ten days before it passes. Typically, his time frame runs about five to seven days from start to finish. I will keep you posted on this story.

Karl is well and helping out around the house - sometimes reluctantly (oh, who am I kidding? It's mostly accomplished with reluctance and mooing). But he had a measure of pride mid-week in stripping down his bed, washing the entire lot, flipping and turning the mattress, then re-making it with fresh laundry. He was very pleased upon crawling into bed that night!

Score!

Earlier in the week he nearly single handedly made dinner for us all, and that was another coup. I will take them where I can get them.

Spent this morning sorting through the online bookstore listings, pulling things that have too much 'competition' (from other sellers) and bundling two and three books into bonus listings. Sadly, this means people will actually have to read the descriptions to see they get quite a good deal for their money, but I truly wonder who reads anything any more. Most folks just go into an online sight looking at the prices, and not realizing that I sometimes sell two or three books with one title. [forehead smacking]

A seller is very limited in the way things can be listed, and therefore drawing attention to the bonuses is difficult unless the buyers read (the descriptions)!

I guess we'll see if the work and restructuring pays off. I would still like to list another one hundred or so titles, but I am currently out of space in the library to shelve them while they would be listed for sale.

Maybe today would be a good day to clean out my old script supervisor logs and get stuff moved out to the garage and into short term storage. Hmmm. Perhaps I could begin moving a piece or two (or three) of furniture in the lower level, and get that ordeal begun. Reconfiguring that space would be a boon, and would allow me to really shake things up upstairs!

Oh, to be moving forward again.

What are you all up to?

No comments: